Saba Zafar is Special Counsel in Bradley & Gmelich LLP’s Employment Law Department. Ms. Zafar has over a decade of experience as an attorney, primarily in employment law. Ms. Zafar focuses her practice of providing strategic advice and counsel in all aspects of employment law and workplace matters, including drafting and implementation of HR policies and procedures, Employment Handbooks, providing advice to clients on personnel issues as well as general business matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Zafar was a Senior Counsel providing advice and counsel to mid-sized to large businesses on employment law compliance and day-to-day employment issues, including implementing policies and procedures, employee classifications, employment separations, managing and disciplining employees, and COVID-19 rules and regulations. Ms. Zafar also handled a wide variety of employment matters in state and federal court, including cases involving wrongful termination, discrimination, and wage related cases.
In her spare time, Ms. Zafar has volunteered as a Mediator for the Department of Consumer Affairs and the Orange County Human Resources Department. She was also a Volunteer Tutor for Schools on Wheels, tutoring elementary school students on skid row in Los Angeles. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Zafar was a Judicial Extern for California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District.
In her free time, Ms. Zafar enjoys embarking on culinary adventures and catching up on new television shows.
• University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Bachelor of Science in Biology (B.S);
• Loyola Law School (J.D.), Los Angeles, California, Top 30% of graduating class; First Honors, Employment Discrimination Course (highest grade), Fall 2009.
• The Auk: Journal of American Ornithologist’s union: “Genetic Divergence and Differentiation within Western Scrub-Jays.” (October 2008)
Awards and Certifications
• Super Lawyers, 2021
• Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2020
• CELA Barristers Award, October 2018
• Orange County Human Resources – Mediation Course Certification, August 2017
• Cypress College, 2018
• Tri-County Dental Hygiene Society, 2019
• Los Angeles Dental Hygiene Society, 2018
• State Bar of California
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• Southern District Court
Law School Accomplishments
Top 8 Finalist, Scott Moot Court Competition, Spring 2009; Giles Rich Sutherland Moot Court, Team Member, Spring 2010; Young Lawyers, Mentor Spring 2010; Scott Moot Court Honors Board. Fall 2009-Spring 2010; South Asian Law Student Association, Vice President, Fall 2008-Spring 2010; Academic Support Program, Mentor Spring 2009-Spring 2010; Women’s Law Association, Member, Fall 2007-Fall 2009
700 N. Brand Boulevard 10th Floor,
Glendale, California 91203